This article covers different methods to reboot your Debian 10 system. reboot command is used restart or reboot the system.
In a Linux system administration, there comes a need to restart the server after the completion of some network and other major updates.
It can be of software or hardware that are being carried on the server.
To reboot Linux using the command line:
- To reboot the Linux system from a terminal session, sign in or “su”/”sudo” to the “root” account.
- Then type “ sudo reboot ” to reboot the box.
- Wait for some time and the Linux server will reboot itself.
To restart a Linux (Ubuntu / Debian) network?
- Use the following command to restart the server networking service. # sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart or # sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop # sudo /etc/init.d/networking start else # sudo systemctl restart networking.
- Once this done, use the following command to check the server network status.