This article will guide you on methods to uninstall a #package using #Yum. You need to just type the package name with root privileges. Moreover, we have also seen how to remove a single package, multiple, and group by using the Yum package manager.
apt remove just removes the binaries of a package.
It leaves residue configuration files. apt purge removes everything related to a package including the configuration files.
To uninstall a program in #Linux Mint terminal:
- Uninstall software in Linux mint from the main menu.
- Confirm that you want to #remove the package.
- Open the Software Manager.
- Search for a program to remove using the software manager.
- Remove software in Linux #Mint using the software manager.
- Open Synaptic package manager.