This article will guide you on how to #install and configure #HAproxy load balancer on the #Linux system.
You will learn the basic setup and configuration of HAproxy as a load balancer for #Apache web servers. Also, we looked at some commands for managing the HAproxy server. In the end, we tested the load balancing through the browser and the #curl command.
HAProxy is free, open source #software that provides a high availability #load #balancer and proxy server for #TCP and HTTP-based applications that spreads requests across multiple servers.
To Deploy on Linux :
- Download the source code of HAProxy.
- Unzip the file into the desired location tar xvzf haproxy-1.8-dev1.
- Compile the source code.
- Create config file haproxy.cfg with the configuration details.
- Start the haproxy with ./haproxy -f haproxy.
- Access the status page on http:localhost:9999/stats.