This article will guide you on how to work with #XAMPP in Linux Mint 20. This will help you to easily host your #applications on this server. With this, you can create a simple PHP application, however, you can even choose to create applications with complex functionality that are not essentially written in #PHP but can also be written in Perl or #MySQL.
XAMPP is a powerful and versatile solution for setting up a local web server. It presents a perfect way to create an environment for basic #WordPress coding, experimenting with multisite settings, tweaking #themes, and much more.
To run xampp on Linux:
- Install gnome-panel to be able to create launcher.
- Run the below command to execute the Create Launcher Application.
- The "create launcher" window pops up and select “Application” as the Type.
- Enter for example "XAMPP starter" as the Name.
- Enter "sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start" into the Command Box.
To Remove Xampp from Linux (Ubuntu):
i. >sudo /opt/lampp/uninstall.
ii. Alternatively > sudo -i cd /opt/lampp ./uninstall.
iii. > sudo rm -r /opt/lampp.