SQL server error 5184 triggers while trying to attach a database on one of the clustered SQL Server instances.
It generally happens when the disk is not visible in the failover cluster manager.
To fix this error;
Follow these steps to add it as a #SQL #Server dependency:
- Open the Cluster Administrator.
- Make sure that all the physical disk resources that contain SQL Server databases are in the same group as the SQL Server resource.
- Right-click the SQL Server resource, and then bring the resource into an Offline state by clicking Bring Offline.
- Right-click the SQL Server resource, and then click Properties.
- Click the Dependencies tab.
- Click Modify to add the #disk to the dependencies list for that resource.
- Bring the SQL Server resource back online, and then put the SQL Server files on that shared cluster disk.
More Info >>